The OHBM-Turkey chapter is represented by a scientific board within the Brain Research Society-Turkey, that is the scientific society founded by researchers working on basic and clinical neurosciences in Turkey. The main activity of the Brain Research Society is the organization of the annual National Neuroscience Congress, in which “human brain mapping” is one of the main scientific sections.
The chapter approved by the OHBM Council in 2014 aims,
- formation of a multidisciplinary network of neuroimaging and human brain electrophysiology laboratories, image and signal processing and modelling groups in Turkey and in neighboring countries,
- to enrich the scientific communication within the Turkish brain mapping community by organizing additional human brain mapping events besides the neuroimaging section of the annual neuroscience congress through the year,
- promoting the collaboration of brain imaging science with clinical research, through organization of academic workshops and educational courses on advanced brain imaging methods and their application on basic and clinical neuroscience problems,
- enhancement of the interaction of the local brain mapping scientists with the international community by organizing international neuroimaging events and increasing the number of OHBM members in Turkey.
Current Turkey Chapter Board:
- Chair: Tamer Demiralp
- Chair Elect: Metehan Cicek
- Secretary: Esin Öztürk-Isik
- Secretary Elect: Ali Bayram
- Treasurer: Elif Kurt
- Treasurer Elect: Çigdem Ulasoglu-Yildiz